For the safety of our patients, staff and visitors, we are tightening visitor restrictions effective today. Due to the sharp increase in COVID-19 cases, only pre-operative, ICU, clergy and end-of-life visits are allowed at this time and restricted to one visitor per patient. This will remain in effect until Sept. 1. Other visitation rules are as follows:
- Visitors at all facilities will be screened before being given access to the facility and they must be masked upon entering the facility and continue to wear their mask throughout the time in the hospital, including time in the patient room.
- No COVID-positive visitors will be allowed entry.
- One visitor per surgical patient will be allowed for admission and to accompany the patient to the pre-operative area. The one visitor will be allowed to wait in the main lobby while the patient is in surgery.
- Visitors should remain with the patient.
- Visitors must be 16 or older.
- Visitors for end-of-life COVID-positive patients will be required to wear full personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the patient’s room.
- Waiting rooms will be closed until further notice and tables in the cafeteria will be spaced to encourage social distancing.
Phone and video calls to patients are welcome and encouraged. To call a patient room, please call 903-763-6300 and you must be able to provide the patient’s first and last name.