The emergency department at UT Health Quitman is designated as a Level IV trauma center by the state of Texas because of its ability to provide advanced trauma life support (ATLS). This includes evaluation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities for sick and injured patients, along with the ability to stabilize and then transfer them to a higher level of trauma care, if necessary.
At UT Health Quitman, all elements are in place to treat your emergency whether major or minor including:
- board-certified doctors, physician assistants and nurses with trauma certifications including ATLS
- Level III stroke support facility designation by the state of Texas
- laboratory services on site
- diagnostic services featuring X-ray, ultrasound, Holter monitor ECG, nuclear medicine, CT with iDose radiation reduction software and an open MRI
- respiratory therapy and breathing treatments
- splinting cart for broken bones
- a decontamination room and negative pressure rooms for infection control and enhanced patient safety
- transfer to a higher level of care, such as the UT Health Level I Trauma Center in Tyler, if needed
For more information, call 903-763-6300.